The Pollis mill in Opitter has been fully operational again since 2016. The mill is located in an exceptionally beautiful landscape on the Wijshager or Eetsevelderbeek. The earliest mention of this splendid water mill with an authentic and monumental wooden internal mechanism was in 1078. The current building and internal mechanism dates back to about 1870. In addition, the mill has a few special attributes, such as a cutting machine (patent 1888) for blue stone and a special old blue millstone with remarkable and beautiful decorations cut into the stone.

A guided group tour of the mill by the miller is also possible by appointment. During the tourist season, it is open on certain Sundays to individual visitors.

This location is also the starting point of the Itterdal hiking area.


Parking within a radius of 100 m?