ARTICLE 1 - SCOPE
Toerisme Limburg attaches great importance to the security of personal data and takes all appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure compliance with Belgian and European privacy legislation.
More specifically, Toerisme Limburg is compliant with the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data (Privacy Act) up until the definitive enforcement of (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament: and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), after which the principles of this Regulation will continue to be respected.
ARTICLE 2 - DEFINITIONS
- Data subject: person to whom the personal data applies
- Recipient: a natural person or legal entity, a service or government organisation to whom or which the personal data is disclosed
- Personal data: any information about a person who is or can be identified
- Toerisme Limburg: marketing organisation responsible for promoting tourism in Limburg that acts as the data controller
- Consent: any free, specific, informed and unambiguous affirmation in the form of a declaration or unambiguous active action by which the data subject agrees to the processing of personal data
- Data processor: a natural person or legal entity, a service or government organisation that processes personal data on behalf of the data controller
- Processing of personal data: an operation or series of operations relating to an item or series of personal data (collection, recording, filing, structuring, storage, update, modification, retrieval, viewing, use, etc.)
- Data controller: a natural person or legal entity, a service or government organisation that defines the purpose and method of processing personal data.
ARTICLE 3 - DATA CONTROLLER
Toerisme Limburg is the “data controller” of your personal data in the context of the aforementioned Privacy Act and the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that Toerisme Limburg defines the purpose and the method of processing your personal data.
ARTICLE 4 – PURPOSE AND METHODS
The personal data provided will be recorded and processed in Toerisme Limburg’s files. This information will only be used for the purpose of communicating with the data subject:
- for managing the contact database, access to product information and carrying out market studies
- to provide information about new features, new services and tourist products in Limburg
- to be included in toerismewerkt.be
- to take measures to verify the personal data of the data subject on login and to take precautions to secure that data
Toerisme Limburg may collect anonymous or aggregated data of a non-personal nature, such as browser type or IP address, the operating system the data subject is using or the domain name of the website from which the data subject was referred to the website or to which the data subject goes after leaving this site. This enables us to permanently optimise the website for users.
ARTICLE 5 - RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
The data subject may simply withdraw his/her consent at any time by:
- sending a letter to this end to Toerisme Limburg vzw, Universiteitslaan 3, 3500 Hasselt
- sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- unsubscribing using the relevant button at the bottom of the newsletter
We ask data subjects to send any changes to their contact details to Toerisme Limburg promptly so that they can be corrected. The data subject has the right to access his/her personal data free of charge at any time, to have it corrected or erased (or restricted) by sending an e-mail or letter. The data subject also has a right to transfer personal data. In this case, the data subject must always enclose a copy of his/her identity card so that Toerisme Limburg can verify that the request actually relates to the personal data of the data subject. More information about these rights can be found on the website of the data protection authority (www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be).
ARTICLE 6 - STORAGE PERIOD
Personal data will be stored for the time that is required to achieve the purposes.
ARTICLE 7 - CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENT
Toerisme Limburg does not have any partnerships or special relationships with advertising agencies (on the Internet). The personal data processed by Toerisme Limburg will not be passed onto other organisations for commercial purposes except to our members offering products or services that could be of interest to the data subject.
ARTICLE 8 - COMPLAINTS
In the event of any other questions or complaints relating to the use of personal data, the data subject can:
- send a letter to Toerisme Limburg vzw, Universiteitslaan 3, 3500 Hasselt
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a complaint, Toerisme Limburg will take every reasonable measure to respond to the data subject’s concern about the processing of his/her personal data. If Toerisme Limburg fails to respond satisfactorily to the data subject’s complaint, the latter can always contact the Data Protection Authority, Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels.
ARTICLE 9 – SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Toerisme Limburg has developed appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure to third parties of personal data collected on the website as well as any other illegal processing of this data. Under no circumstances can Toerisme Limburg be held liable for any direct or indirect harm arising from improper or unlawful use of the personal data by a third party.
ARTICLE 10 - APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURTS
This Privacy Notice is managed, interpreted and executed in compliance with Belgian law, which shall apply exclusively in the event of any dispute. The courts under the jurisdiction of Antwerp, district of Hasselt, shall have sole competence to rule on any dispute that may arise from the interpretation or execution of this Privacy Notice.
ARTICLE 11 - AMENDMENTS
The Toerisme Limburg Privacy Notice may be subject to amendment in the future. If this Privacy Notice is amended, the new version will be available on the website. It is therefore important to check the date of amendment shown below on every visit to the website.
This Privacy Notice was last amended and revised on 20 September 2018.