Treasury of Saint-Catherine's Church
SS Harlindis and Relindis lived in idyllic Aldeneik, where their father Adelhard founded a convent for them in the 8th century. Valuable art treasures from this period, such as Anglo-Saxon textiles (the oldest surviving examples ot their kind) and Codex Eyckensis (the oldest illuminated manuscript in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg), were donated to this convent. In 1571 these precious objects were transferred to St Catherina's Church, where they are on show to visitors along with many other treasures: a silver altar cross by Maaseik-born Frederik Malders (17th century), several early medieval reliquaries...
Parking within a radius of 100 m?