Concerning the Coronavirus, Visit Limburg applies the measures that are determined by the Belgian government. What does this mean for your visit to our province? The measures below apply until at least April 5, 2020.
Latest update: Friday, March 20, 2020 - 10 am
If you are already in Limburg:
I want to go for a walk, am I still allowed to do that?
Parks, forests and nature reserves remain open. You can still enjoy a walk in our beautiful nature. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Walk alone, with your family or with one friend, but avoid walking in large groups or together with people who are considered as being at risk, such as elderly people and people with a weakened immune system.
- Try keeping a distance of minimal 2 metres from other hikers. When it is crowded, go to a less crowed place or come back later.
- Stay on the hiking trails and don't go into areas that are not publicly accesible.
- Only walks in nature reserves near your location are still allowed to avoid unnecessary travel.
- Preferably depart from your current location and avoid crowds in the nature reserves.
Can I still go for a bike ride?
Only necessary transportations are allowed. So if you come from outside our province, it is no longer allowed to come to Limburg to go for a bike ride. For the inhabitants of Limburg or people who live in the immediate vicinity of our province, it is possible to cycle on our cycle route network. Use your own bicycle and depart from your current location. It is allowed to cycle with your family and / or 1 friend. All bicycle rental points are closed until at least April 5.
Can I stay overnight?
You can only stay in a hotel for essential trips. Other recreational and tourist accommodation (holiday homes, camping sites, B & Bs, holiday parks, AirBnBs, ...) are closed.
Can I visit museums, sights or other tourist addresses?
All travel that is not absolutely necessary is currently prohibited. All tourist visits are therefore suspended until further notice. Restaurants, cafes, museums, cultural centers, indoor and outdoor playgrounds, discos, tourist information offices, public buildings, etc. are closed. All recreational, sporting, cultural and folkloric activities and events have been canceled or postponed regardless of their size.
If you are not currently in Limburg:
Only necessary travel is allowed. So if you do not live in Limburg or the neighboring municipalities, you may not come to Limburg for non-essential trips.
What else should I pay attention to?
Always follow the hygiene measures based on the formulated advice.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue handkerchief and throw it away immediately in a covered rubbish bin. If you do not have a tissue at hand, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay at home when you're sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are visibly ill.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
You will find more information on the coronavirus and het measures issued by the Belgian government on https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
Let us all be smart and responsible in order to stop spreading this virus. See you soon in Limburg!