Concerning the Coronavirus, Visit Limburg applies the measures that are determined by the Belgian government.
Latest update: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10 am
The measures below only apply if you already reside in Belgium. Since the borders are still closed, it is not possible to travel to Belgium.
Can I travel to Limburg?
From June 8, it is possible again to travel for one or more days within Belgium. So from then on you can plan a trip to Limburg and book your holiday in one of our accommodations.
Can I go to a cafe or restaurant?
Cafés, restaurants and bars are open. A maximum of 10 people can sit at 1 table and the distance of 1.5 meters must be respected. The businesses can stay open until 1 am. Discotheques and night clubs remain closed until the end of August.
What can I visit in Limburg?
All tourist activities can be started from 8 June with the exception of:
- cultural activities with public, such as theater, cinema and concerts (only from 1 July)
- amusement parks and indoor playgrounds (only from 1 July)
- swimming pools, saunas and wellness centers (only from 1 July)
- major events including festivals (only from 1 September)
It is possible to visit museums, historical buildings, monuments, castles and other cultural attractions. Provided they offer an online or telephone ticket system and organize the visitor flow optimally to avoid crowds.
What else should I pay attention to?
Always follow the hygiene measures based on the formulated advice.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue handkerchief and throw it away immediately in a covered rubbish bin. If you do not have a tissue at hand, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay at home when you're sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are visibly ill.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
You will find more information on the coronavirus and het measures issued by the Belgian government on https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
Let us all be smart and responsible in order to stop spreading this virus. See you soon in Limburg!